I was leading a sales workshop some weeks ago and I asked the participants what skills a high performing sales person needed to have to interact with their clients. They listed three main ones:
|Focus on your Customer|
- Know products and service offerings by heart
- Have the ability to present them with confidence and clarity
- Be able to quickly close a deal.
- Connect with clients
- Break the ice, build trust
- Earn the right to ask questions
- Know and Understand them
- Do not listen to respond but to understand
- Listen, do not try to convince.
- Partner with them
- Build rapport and Develop the relationship
- Co-create and Position your offering