- I have to tell you about the behaviour of one your team members
- Ok. But first let me assess something: Have you passed what you mean to tell me through the three filters test ?
- The three filters ?
- Your words must pass through three filters . The first is the Truth. Have you checked that what you want to tell me is true?
- No, I have heard about it and ...
- Well, then you have certainly made it go through the second filter, that of Goodness. Is what you want to tell me something good?
- No, quite the opposite ....
- Turning then to the third filter: is what you want to say useful?
- Useful? Not really ...
- Well... if what you want to tell me is neither true nor good nor useful, I prefer not to hear it. As for you, I advise you to just forget it….
- Nonetheless tell me more. I am grateful that you came to see me. I would like to hear more from you. How are you? … How are you doing? ... Anything you would like to tell me? Any to share?.. ideas, suggestions, desires, ambitions….? Any engagements I can help you with?
2020 has been complicated, uncertain, stressful, catastrophic. Our abilities to be resilient in adverse conditions like this year's are linked to our capacity to accept what is happening, not to take it personally, not to resist. It is in letting go of past expectations, being patient, flowing, reinventing ourselves day after day to generate new opportunities, learning new skills, developing new possibilities. 2020 has taught us to be grateful for what we have, to let go of what we have lost. It has reconnected us with the precarity of life, with the present moment. Nothing is lost. While there is life there are possibilities Your attitude will create opportunities. Be patient. Do not resist. Continue. Accept. Persevere. Enjoy yourself. Live! I wish you a year 2021 of many opportunities, of many learnings and successes!